Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lucky You!

St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and I’ve got a fun cupcake recipe to share! When I was young, I remember every year on St. Patrick’s Day my mom would make me a green lunch. And I mean everything was green! She would put green food coloring in everything, from the mayo on my ham sandwich to the milk in my thermos. Even as a little kid I was a little grossed out (haha!) but she always made up for it by adding in a special St. Patrick’s Day treat!
So to relive a little bit of my childhood I decided to make my own green treats for St. Patrick’s Day. I found the recipe from Betty Crocker. These fun cupcakes are simple and easy to make, not to mention lots of fun.
What You Need:
• 1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
• Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on the cake mix box
• Green food coloring
• Vanilla frosting
• Lucky Charms cereal
• Green sprinkles


Follow the directions on the cake mix box to make the cupcakes (don’t forget to add green food coloring into the cake batter!). Bake according to instructions and cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting and top with Lucky Charms and sprinkles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails