Monday, January 24, 2011

Young At Heart

So I have a confession to make: I'm 26 years old and I still love toys! Growing up I had lots of different toy collections and I'm lucky enough to have a mom and grandma who both save everything! Some people may see this as a clutter problem, but I am so thankful that my mom has never thrown out any of my favorite childhood toys. It's so much fun to get them out now and *cough* (play with them again) *cough* and reminisce.

Because I've had such fun lately playing with toys, I thought I'd start a new monthly feature called, Young At Heart. Every month I will feature a toy from my childhood! You can probably guess that I don't think age should matter when it comes to toys. Just because I'm 26 doesn't mean I don't want to play with dolls! Haha!

The first toy I want to feature is this stuffed purple dragon named, Figment. Isn't he the cutest? I've had him since I was a baby. You can see his neck is a little broken, but he's still in pretty good condition. I think he might find a cozy spot to live on my bed ♥


Figment was made in 1982 by Disney. I did some research on him and learned that he was the mascot of the Imagination! pavillion at Epcot Center at Disneyworld. I'll have to ask my mom how I got this little guy. I wonder if someone bought it for me when they were visiting Disneyworld?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's really awesome of your mom to have kept your toys. I think my mom donated ours to Goodwill or the neighbor kids. The only toy I've ever managed to keep around was Fifel, but now he's gone too. It's really sad.

I miss Big Bear the most.

Sweet Pea said...

Where did you find him?

Related Posts with Thumbnails