Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aquarius

You may remember a few weeks back there was a huge astrology controversy. I didn't read too much about it besides what people were posting on facebook. Apparently a newspaper reported that because of the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month- changing everyone's signs and adding in a new sign, Ophiuchus. People completely panicked! I, myself, didn't like the idea of my sign changing from Leo to Cancer. Whether you are an avid follower of astrology or just enjoy dabbling in it for fun, having your sign suddenly change is a little nerve-wrecking. I personally love my sign and don't want it to change!

As I google the subject now, numerous articles pop up with headlines reading, No, Your Zodiac Sign Hasn't Changed, Oh, my stars! Zodiac signs have not changed, and Debunking A Zodiac Controversy.

So believe what you want I guess? Before all this controversy I had planned to illustrate each astrological sign every month and post it on the first day of its changing sign. Today is the first day of Aquarius (January 20- February 18).

Famous People with the Sun in Aquarius:
Susan B. Anthony
Lord Byron
Lewis Carroll
Charles Darwin
Charles Dickens
Christian Dior
Langston Hughes
Abraham Lincoln
Mozart
Jackson Pollock
Ronald Reagan
Jackie Robinson
Norman Rockwell
Gertrude Stein
Virginia Woolf

I also wanted to create a small widget for any Aquarius' out there who would like to display this illustration on their blog ♥








2 comments:

kara rane said...

no changes to our Solar astrology.
all media confusion.
but please check out my new project
Astrology Hands-Aquarius is up now!
http://lucky2bu.blogspot.com/

& will be thinking of a spot for your widget...cute.

Unknown said...

Omg! The widget idea is amazing. I can't wait until you make one for Gemini.

As for the sign change, I really hope it blows over. I'm quite fond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails