Monday, November 16, 2009

What's Happening


Well, after finishing the Llewellyn Holiday Market on Saturday (which went really well & was a lot of fun!) I have found myself with a huge to-do list for this week. Firstly, I have some announcements to make:

- I just did an update on campsmartypants.com. I've got new work up in the "Gallery" section (and more to come) as well as an updated "Press" page with upcoming events/news.

- I am excited to announce that starting on Tuesday, November 17, Camp Smartypants products will be for sale at The Jelly Bean, a retail store located at 721 SW 10th Ave in downtown Portland.

- Another exciting announcement! I have been invited to participate in Reading Frenzy's 14th Annual Cheap Art & Craft Sale. Tons of amazing local artists and crafters are participating this year. The opening is Thursday, December 3rd from 6-9pm at Reading Frenzy on 921 SW Oak Street in downtown Portland. The sale lasts for the entire month of December! So head on down anytime in December to see my products as well as tons of other amazing art/crafty goods all $50 and under.

- I am participating in the 1st Annual North Portland Holiday Festival on Saturday December 5th. The festival is held to raise money for p:ear, a nonprofit organization that builds positive relationships with homeless and transitional youth in Portland. I will have a booth setup at Icon Tattoo on 813 N Russell Street from 12pm-8pm. Other festivities will include musical performances; food and beverage booths including the Voodoo Donuts van; Christmas carol singalongs; a cakewalk and piewalk to benefit p:ear; a gluten and sugar-free holiday cooking demonstration with Chef Abby of Abby's Table; beer, wine, and other holiday beverages. Should be a lot of fun! Area businesses on North Russell and Mississippi Streets will be participating as well with holiday sales and treats.


Phew! I forgot how busy the holiday season really is! This week I am going to be stocking up on more product, doing another batch of tie-dye, and making a quick trip up to Seattle to visit friends and go to Artists & Craftsman (the only art store where I can find balls of colored hemp twine).

1 comment:

alisonml said...

congrats! You're doing so well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails