Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Costume - Part 2

So I decided to start with the lion mane, because I thought it would be the toughest part of the costume to figure out. First I crocheted a hat with ear flaps using this pattern as my guide.

Then I made the ears using a piece of metallic scrap leather. I sewed these my hand onto the hat. Next, I started cutting strips out of the scrap fabric/yarn I had collected, tying it onto the crochet hat.


I kept adding more and more fabric and yarn until the entire hat was covered.

Ta Da!

Oh! And, per Alison's request....


Stay tuned for more updates on the rest of the costume development. Next I am going to be working on wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs. Here is a sketch of what I'm thinking the end result might turn out like. I'm contemplating actually turning my lion costume into a Leo costume, by adding the sign for Leo and stars. Still unsure about that idea, but we'll see....


What are your costume plans for this year?

3 comments:

alisonml said...

oh. my. goodness.

this is gonna be one of those AWESOME costumes, isn't it? isn't it?

and. look. at. simba.

o.m.g.

Lindsay said...

Oh Simba!

Anonymous said...

You leo costume is sooo fun! You are so talented Ms Rachel!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails